The tax attorneys at Draneas & Huglin, P.C. have the education and experience to help clients develop and implement tax strategies that will allow them to minimize income, gift, estate and business tax liability within the bounds of the tax code. Our tax attorneys can advise you on:
• Federal and state income tax planning for individuals and businesses.
• Estate tax planning.
• Corporate taxation, including corporate formations, distributions, and reorganization, as well as shareholder agreements.
• Minimizing business taxes with pass-through and disregarded entities--partnerships, limited liability companies, and S-corporations.
• Tax and business planning for family and closely held businesses.
• Compensation-related tax matters, including deferred-compensation and retirement plans, and equity-based compensation.
• Tax planning for real estate developers and investors, including 1031 exchanges.
• State and local taxes, including sales and use tax, real estate transfer fees, and excise taxes.
Our tax attorneys are skilled in all aspects of resolving tax controversies. We can help you with:
• Tax audits.
• Tax appeals.
• State and federal tax litigation.
• Tax collection.
• Offers in compromise.
Our tax attorneys regularly prepare all tax returns required by the death of an individual: final income tax return, fiduciary income tax returns while the deceased person's trust or estate is under administration, and death tax returns, including Oregon inheritance and federal estate tax returns.